Stamford School – Performing Arts Centre
Stamford School was originally founded in 1532 in Stamford, Lincolnshire. Today, it is part of the Stamford Endowed Schools, a leading independent group of three schools for boys and girls aged 2-18.
GSSArchitecture were appointed by the school as Architects and CDM Coordinators in the final phase to the reorganisation of the centre of Stamford School’s campus, following the masterplan, which was also prepared by GSSArchitecture.
This project involved the conversion of the former gym into a performing arts studio, a green room, teaching areas, music practice and a recording studio, and the upgrade of the hall, which was refurbished with retractable seating, the removal of the stage and new light and sound equipment.
The exterior of the 1960’s gym building was refurbished featuring timber fins with lighting behind, which will improve the buildings appearance in its prominent location, almost at the heart of Stamford’s historic town centre.
Along with the refurbishment works, the electrical and heating systems were also upgraded.